Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ethiopian Kidnapped maid recounts ordeal

AN Ethiopian maid was allegedly kidnapped by three men outside her employer's home as she took out the rubbish.

It is claimed the 28-year-old was blindfolded, gagged and bundled into a car in broad daylight.

She was then allegedly locked in an apartment for three weeks, raped and forced into prostitution, along with four other women - two Sri Lankans, an Indonesian and another Ethiopian.

A Bangladeshi man pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and human trafficking as he went on trial at the High Criminal Court yesterday.

His alleged victim's ordeal came to light after passers-by alerted police when they spotted him attempting to force her into an apartment in Duraz three weeks after she was kidnapped.



"I was taking out the rubbish from my sponsor's house at noon," the maid told prosecutors.

"I suddenly saw three men, including two who wore masks, approaching me after they had parked their car.

"He (the defendant) punched me in the face, as the others gagged and blindfolded me.

"I was then forced into their car and taken to an apartment. I did not know its location.

"I then saw a Sri Lankan woman, who ran the apartment for prostitution, and four other women.

"The Bangladeshi told me I had to have sex with customers for money, but I disagreed.

"He got angry and starting hitting me with a pipe, inflicting bruises on my legs.

"I was then tied to a chair and blindfolded for long periods.

"Indian and Bangladeshi men would come to the apartment to have sex with us.

"Three
weeks later, police arrived and took us out of there."

However, the defendant, 31, claimed the victim's story had been fabricated so she could escape charges of prostitution.

"I have no connection to the Ethiopian woman," he said when questioned by prosecutors.

However, the defendant - who has also been accused of staying illegally in Bahrain - admitted to buying an Indonesian woman he met in Gudaibiya for BD125, after he fell in love with her.

The woman confirmed they were having sex 10 times a day and that he had promised to marry her. The trial was adjourned to December 15
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com

No comments:

Post a Comment